In Key Stage 3 students will learn about Healthy Eating, Food Hygiene and Safety. They will gain practical skills and knowledge to enable them to cook a variety of sweet and savoury dishes.
These dishes will develop their cooking skills and include muffins, sweet & sour chicken, pasta sauce and shortbread to name a few. They will be taught a range of research and design skills and be taught how to use a variety of specialist equipment.
- To engage students in a rewarding practical subject that is concerned with all aspects of how we live and is linked to our intellectual, emotional and physical needs.
- To offer opportunities which are fun, practical, challenging and rewarding.
- To develop a range of designing and making skills which are readily transferrable to higher level study, apprenticeships or the world of work.
- Fantastic range of opportunities to work with materials and equipment.
- Brand new suite of fully equipped specialist rooms.
- Opportunity to enter local cooking competitions. On previous occasions Marriotts have won the Stevenage heat.
Extra-Curricular Activities and Trips
After school cookery clubs.
What is special about us?
I wish I could spend all day in the food lessons as I really enjoy the cooking and the time goes so quickly – Chloe