Home School Agreement
This agreement outlines how the school, parents/carers and students will work in partnership to help meet the needs of each student.
- Ensure that my/our child is organised for school – in correct uniform with all necessary equipment.
- Ensure my/our child attends on time and notify the school if he/she is late or absent.
- Encourage my/our child to have a positive attitude to learning.
- Support and encourage my/our child in his/her school work (including homework).
- Let the school know if any situation is likely to affect my/our child’s learning.
- Make the most of all opportunities to meet with staff and encourage a dialogue between the school and home.
- Support the school Rewards and Behaviour for Learning Policy including same day detentions.
- Not make requests for my child to be out of school during term time other than in exceptional circumstances.
- Encourage my/our child not to engage in discrimination, harassment and victimisation of others.
- Expect all members of the school community not to engage in discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Expect students to attend school in correct uniform and have the necessary equipment for lessons.
- Work with parents/carers and students to encourage regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Deliver the curriculum in terms of lessons and homework, ensure work is marked and provide support for all students in order that learning needs are met.
- Expect students to behave positively, respect each other and together create a safe learning environment for all.
- Take appropriate action in cases of student misconduct.
- Respond to parental concerns relating to the welfare of students.
- Support parents/carers and students through regular consultation evenings, reports and other forms of communication.
- Keep parents/carers informed of school events and activities.
- Fulfil our school mission: Aim High, Work Hard, Be Kind
- Not engage in behaviour that discriminates, harasses or victimises others.
- Wear the correct uniform at all times.
- Bring my books and equipment to school for lessons and activities, so I am ready to learn.
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time for school and lessons.
- Follow the student expectations when in class and around school, including attending whole school detentions if required.
- Do my best, have pride in my work and aim to achieve as highly as I can.
- Try to attend at least one extra-curricular activity.
- Let a teacher know if I have any worries.
Monday 4th September : Year 7 - 9.30, Year 8 - 10.00, Year 9 - 11.00, Year 10 - 11.50, Year 11 - 12.00