Enabling learners to develop the mathematical skills and understanding required for the present and future demands of their further study, training and consequently adult life and employment.
Cultivate an appreciation and enjoyment of mathematics and an awareness of its importance in society and in the development of technology.
What will your child learn in our subject?
- Develop knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- Acquire and use problem-solving strategies
- Select and apply mathematical techniques and methods in mathematical, every day and real world situations
- Reason mathematically; make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- Interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context
- All learners, who completed A level Mathematics, achieved a grade B or above in 2013.
- 36 learners participated in and completed a 16 week revision course.
- Successfully participated in the UK Junior Mathematics Challenge
Extra-Curricular Activities and Trips
Happy Puzzle Day, Pi Club, Maths Homework Club and focused topic sessions.
What is special about us?
We have exceptional subject knowledge, enthusiasm for the study of mathematics and an outstanding potential to teach.
We believe in our learners and accommodate for the needs at all levels.
Further curriculum information: