Our aim is to engage students in a rewarding practical subject that is concerned with all aspects of how we live and is linked to our intellectual, emotional and physical needs.
- To offer opportunities which are fun, practical, challenging and rewarding
- To develop a range of designing and making skills which are readily transferable to higher level study, apprenticeships or the world of work.
What will your child learn in our subject?
In Key Stage 3 students will be engaged in a series of design and make projects which include a ball puzzle game, a name stamp, graphic design and drawing, including computer aided design, a crank and slider toy and an electronic fuse tester. They will be taught a range of research and design skills and be taught how to use hand and power tools.
- Fantastic range of opportunities to work with materials and equipment
- State-of-the-art CAD CAM suite including 3D printer and large format laser
- Brand new suite of fully equipped specialist rooms
Extra-Curricular Activities and Trips:
Trip to the Design Museum or Victoria and Albert Museum to study design over time.
What is special about us?
Res Mat is a really fun subject where you get to make things and use lots of tools. – Joanne, Year 7
In Res Mat you can make your own designs, draw them out then make them! – James, Year 8