Our aim is to engage students in a rewarding practical subject that is concerned with all aspects of how we use textile products to enhance our lifestyle. It is linked to our intellectual, emotional and physical needs and gaining an understanding of the need for recycling and sustainability for future generations.
- To offer opportunities which are fun, practical, challenging and rewarding.
- To develop a range of designing and making skills which are readily transferable to higher level study, apprenticeships or the world of work.
What will your child learn in our subject?
They will be taught a range of research and design skills and be taught how to correctly use the specialist equipment in the textiles room to be able to become independent learners during the projects.
- Fantastic range of opportunities to work with materials and equipment.
- A bright, clean working environment which is welcoming as well as inspirational.
- Access to ICT within the department.