Our aim in Dance is to develop confident, talented, performers and choreographers, who have a passion for Dance and Performing Arts.
What will your child learn in our subject?
Students will be timetabled for two hours per fortnight. Performing Arts in Key Stage 3 will be taught as three separate genres; In each Year: 7, 8 and 9, students will study one term of Drama, one term of Dance and one term of Musical Theatre. This is to develop and broaden students’ knowledge of the Performing Arts Industry and secure understanding of the subject at a level which will allow them easy progression into BTEC Level 2, Acting or Dance.
Students in Dance will study; Health and Safety, Fitness, World Dance, Urban and Jazz.
- In the past six years, twelve students have been awarded places at top Universities and Vocational Dance colleges to continue on degree courses in Dance.
- Marriotts School are the most successful Dance Department in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire across Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC courses.
- Marriotts Dancers regularly contribute to The Stevenage Dance Festival, The County Dance Festival, Dance Mania and ‘Rock Challenge’ at theatres in Hertfordshire.
Extra-Curricular Activities and Trips:
- ‘Move It’ Dance Exhibition at Olympia, London, every March.
- Able, Gifted and Talented Dance Troupe.
- Christmas and Summer Dance Showcases.
- Gym and Dance Display, every March.
- Dance clubs and rehearsals led by Year 9 Dance leaders and Sixth formers every day.
What is special about us?
The Dance teachers at Marriotts make you fall in love with Dance – Emmy, Year 13