Our aim is for every student to achieve their potential in music, with regard to performance, composition and appraisal.
What will your child learn in our subject?
In Key Stage 3 students will be taught ensemble skills, working in groups in practice rooms exploring the 3 elements of music – harmony, melody and rhythm. They will explore music sequencing techniques using sophisticated software. They will be taught keyboard skills.
- Students at Key Stage 4 & 5 achieved 100% pass rate in their exams this year.
- Exam results are consistently of a high standard. (Distinction/Merit levels).
- Students have performed successful musicals (Grease, High School Musical, Bugsy Malone, Dracula rock show and The Wizard of Oz).
- Students went on the road and performed concerts in Stevenage Primary Schools.
- Many former Marriotts music students go on to University and many go on to perform music in the community.
Extra-Curricular Activities and Trips:
BTEC music clubs (ensemble work, singing club, keyboard club).
What is special about us?
Music is a community where students can explore and express themselves in a world of performance and composition.
Further curriculum information: