Marriotts School Open Evening Event – 29th September 2020
In light of the current Pandemic we are not yet clear as to whether schools will be able to host Open Evening events in school.
If schools are allowed to do this Marriotts School Open Evening will take place on:
Tuesday 29th September
The Headteacher, Ms Honnor, will be presenting talks at: 6.15pm, 7.00pm and 7.45pm
If schools are unable to host live events we will be releasing a virtual event (date TBA and will be common across Stevenage schools), including the Headteacher’s presentation and some form of virtual tour.
In both cases tours will take place in the week commencing 5th October. In the case where it is not possible to host an on site event, tours will be extended for a further week into week commencing 12th October, and will include an opportunity to see lessons and meet the Headteacher.
Marriotts School Open Evening Event 2020
Open Evening – Tuesday 1st October 2019
What a fantastic event our Open Evening was last year. On the night the school was packed and it was wonderful to see so many visitors, and lovely to meet students in Year 5 and Year 6 and their parents. We were so pleased that they found the evening so informative and enjoyable and we would like to thank them all for all the positive feedback they have given us.
- “Very well organised, friendly staff and pupils and an excellent experience, made my daughter feel comfortable straight away.”
- “Very polite and helpful students and staff. Very good activities!”
- “Excellent experience! Open Evening very well done.”
- “Thank you for an informative night and fantastic tour guide.”
- “Our tour guide was a great ambassador for the school, polite, helpful and really good with my Year 6 girl. It is a lovely school.”
- “Brilliant tour guide, lovely school, brilliant activities in Science and History”
- “Our tour guide was fabulous. He was so polite, helpful and very informative. The model student. Well done.”
- “Our tour guide was very informative, very polite and knowledgeable. A real credit to Marriotts School.”
- “We were informed with all our questions as we walked around also we needed to speak to SENCO who were marvellous with my daughter.”
- “This school has some amazing qualities. Very pleased!”
- “Our tour guide was lovely, very polite and helpful and is a credit to the school.”
- “Your pupils who spoke at the Headteacher’s talk were excellent. Very impressive.”
- “Excellent. Very impressed. Thank you!”
- “I’ve had a lovely evening and I’ve heard only positive things from prospective parents and students!”
- “Your in-house counselling is very unique and absolutely amazing to have this service inside school.”
- “Dance was amazing both staff and students gave my daughter the best experience in joining in the class!”
We are incredibly proud of our school and its staff and particularly of our students. We had over 400 volunteers and many prospective parents have contacted me to say how impressed they were with the tour guides and volunteers.