http://www.swischoolwear.co.ukUniform expectations from September 2016
We would like to remind parents and students of the school’s uniform expectations.
Blazer, shirt and tie and new grey jumper with red trim is compulsory for all Year 7 students.
Shirt/Blouse and tie is compulsory for all Year 8-11 students. The shirt/blouse must be tucked in, the top button done up and the tie worn up to the button and down to the waist.
A Blazer is compulsory for all students from September 2016.
The old style cardigans and jumpers with school logo are still acceptable for Year 8-11 students until September 2018.
The old style polo shirts are not acceptable.
Black shoes (no trainers, canvas pumps, Dr Martens, etc.)
The school’s uniform supplier is Sportswear International and uniform can be ordered via their website at:
Marriotts School blazer, jumper and tie are only available online from the following provider: Sportswear International. Other items of school dress can be purchased from any supplier.
- Girls – Black skirt or trousers
- Boys – Black trousers
- Black blazer with embroidered school logo
- White Shirt
- Striped School Tie
- Grey V neck jumper with red trim
- Black shoes with low heels and an upper that fully encloses the foot including the heel – no flip flops or mules. No kind of plimsolls, training shoes, “trainers” or boots may be worn at any time.
- No shoes with coloured logos or stripes or patterns.
Girls / Boys
- Black polo shirt*
- Black sweatshirt*
- Black shorts*
- Training shoes
- Plain black football socks
- Football boots
- Gum shield
Students are encouraged to bring black tracksuit bottoms for winter PE lessons as directed by PE staff.
*All the above should be purchased on-line from our uniform supplier and come with our school logo: Sportswear International please enquire for prices and sizes. Additional optional items of PE clothing are available from our on-line supplier.
- No jean/denim fabrics or jersey (this means tracksuit materials or black denim trousers).
- No ‘hoodies’.
- Skirts to be a suitable length.
- No coloured or studded belts.
- Plain white socks or plain black tights with no patterns if worn with a skirt.
- Plain dark socks with trousers.
- Socks to be worn below the knee.
- No leggings or footless tights.
- Outdoor jacket or coat which protects against wind and rain.
Hair and make up
- No exaggerated or extreme hair styles including parts of the head being closely shaven.
- No hair colour other than natural colours that blend in (importantly this includes red henna).
- Adornments – discrete hair bands only.
- No extremes of style or colour.
- No patterns cut into the hair.
- No shaven or cuts in eyebrows.
- No visible make up is allowed – students will be asked to remove any that is obviously visible.
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum.
- One small sleeper ring and one plain small stud in each ear of gold or silver, if you have pierced ears. No multiple piercings.
- No other visible body piercing is allowed. Covering piercing with plasters or ‘clear’ studs is not acceptable – please wait until the holidays if you plan to have piercings done.
- False nails/extensions are not allowed, students will be asked to remove them.
The school reserves the right to decide what constitutes ‘exaggerated’, ‘extreme’ or ‘discrete’. Students arriving in incorrect uniform will be asked to return home to rectify it immediately.
Marking of Clothing
Please ensure that all uniform and PE kit is permanently marked with your child’s name. If possible use labels, especially on the PE kit and expensive items like coats and jackets.
Items of uniform with the school logo should be ordered on-line from: www.swischoolwear.co.uk/
Weekly deliveries to school are free of charge and will be delivered to students by our staff. Items can be delivered direct to your home at a small charge, please see the website.
Dress Code for Post 16 Students
Post 16 students should:
- support a collective ethos and reflect the values of the school.
- be proud of their school, with a sense of pride, belonging, team spirit and common purpose.
- identify the whole school as a community
- be a role model for younger students in terms of personal presentation.
- Smart trousers
- Collared shirts (including polo shirt), Jumpers, cardigans (must be worn with a collared shirt underneath)
- Leather shoes
- Smart trousers, skirts, dresses
- Blouses, jumpers, cardigans
- Leather shoes
- Clothing of a revealing nature e.g. low cut sun tops, very short skirts, tops that show midriff, ripped clothing
- Track suit bottoms, joggers, ‘hoodies’
- Hot pants, excessively short shorts, shorts and leggings
- Replica sports shirts
- Baseball caps/other hats
- Collarless t-shirts
- Trainers, pumps, plimsolls, converse or other similar shoes
Students found wearing inappropriate clothing around the building will be asked to remove it. Failure to do so will result in confiscating the item(s) in question. Refusal to do so will result in students being sent home or kept in a private study room.